Re: using kernel 2.4.2 with mol

Subject: Re: using kernel 2.4.2 with mol
From: Quentin Mason (quentin-mason@cornell.edu)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 17:43:10 MDT

Hi,

> I got the latest version of mol for the 2.4 kernel but when I run it
> it says kernel module version mismatch. mol.o compiled for 2.4.4pre4
> current kernel 2.4.2 or something to that effect. Any suggestions
> would be appreciated

My guess would be that you are seeing this error because MOL, a program
that requires intimate interaction with the kernel, was compiled with a
different kernel in mind than the one you are using. YMMV.

If this were to occur you would want to recompile MOL from source using
whatever kernel headers are appropriate for your machine's kernel.
The alternative is to install whatever kernel MOL wants -- apparently this
is 2.4.4pre4 rather than 2.4.2

Good luck,

Q.