Quadra 610

Subject: Quadra 610
From: Marius Schrecker (marius.schrecker@sso.no)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 01:43:25 MDT

Hello,

    I have a Quadra 610 with PPC upgrade and would like to run Linux on it.

Have read quite a bit of info. about what hardware the various mac distros support, but can't find a definite reference to this machine or the 68040 processor it contains.
The situation is not made easier by my not knowing what kind of bus the Quadra uses. First impression is that if I'm lucky I'll get mklinux to work, but this is rather old (1998), and also the mach kernel is supposed to run slower than a standard ppc kernel. Is there a newer distro which might work on this machine?
I have some Linux experience on pc but am completely new to mac.

Thanx
Stavanger Symfoniorkester
Marius Schrecker

Tlf. +47 51 50 88 30 (sentralbord)