Using mouse in mol console mode. WAS: Re: using kernel 2.4.2 with mol

Subject: Using mouse in mol console mode. WAS: Re: using kernel 2.4.2 with mol
From: Thomas Rogg (t_rogg@web.de)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 12:42:09 MDT

Hi all,

> I have not experienced any problems (other than not being
> able to get my usb mouse to work in console mode).

This problem is easy to correct. Look in your /etc/XF86Config file, and read
the section Mouse. Somewhere there there should be a line "/dev/input/mice"
or something else starting with "/dev" directory. Now you only have to use
this path name in your molrc. If your mouse worked on X, it now also works
in mol in console mode.

WARNING: Do not have X and mol in console mode running at the same time,
when you click then, the clicks will be interpreted in both environments,
not only there where you are.

Good luck,
Thomas Rogg