can't compile

Subject: can't compile
From: Sean O'Brien (seannyob@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 14:24:08 MDT

Hello all, I'm a newbie so please bear with me.

I'm trying to compile mol on an iMac rev B running
Debian/GNU 2.2.18pre18. I ran make clean, no errors.
I ran make (as myself, not as root) and got the
following errors:

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:65: Error: Unrecognized opcode:
`mftbl
{standard input}:171: Error: Unrecognized opcode:
`mftbl'
{standard input}:176: Error: Unrecognized opcode:
`mftbl'
make[1]: *** [obj/timer.o] Error 1
make: *** [_subdir_emulation] Error 2
sean@beagle:~/mol-0.9.60$

Can anyone tell me what it is I'm doing wrong? Do I
not have some package installed that I need to make or
something?

Thank you.

Sean