Problem with install of MOL (any version, both new and oldworld) on Apple PowerPC 8550 Server

Subject: Problem with install of MOL (any version, both new and oldworld) on Apple PowerPC 8550 Server
s.beck@ieee.org
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 07:55:01 MST

I have tried to get the latest 0.9.60-4 (and earlier versions) to run on my
Apple PowerPC
8550 Server to no avail.

The tests using "startmol -a --loadonly" seem to be fine, but the actual
startup always
fails with an "RVEC internal error 700".

I have tried both newworld style (with a 9.2.1 Mac Boot ROM) and the
oldworld style
with a ROM-image from an 8.1 MacOS to no avail.

I am using a 2.4.10 kernel built from ftp.kernel.org source.

Any help anyone can offer on this one? I really need to get this server
into production.
Thanks,

Steve