Re: Keeping MOL system time in sync

Subject: Re: Keeping MOL system time in sync
From: Mathew Eis (king_ro_bot@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 11:09:30 MST

If you are using OS 9 or higher ( Not sure about 8.6 ), you
could cheat by running a time server on your Linux side,
and set up the Time Sync feature in the Mac OS "Date and
Time" Control Panel.... That is assuming the Mac and Linux
sides are networkable - I've never tried that.

I think you can get a Network Time Protocal Daemon from
http://www.ntp.org/

--- Bob Beaton <bob@keyengine.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have MOL 0.9.60-4 running on my PB G3 (Wallstreet) with
> YDL 2.0 (with an
> updated 2.5.12a kernel, 2.2.1 KDE, 4.01 X11--essentially
> a pre-YDL 2.1).
> After leaving MOL running overnight, the MOL clock (on
> the Apple bar)
> becomes well out of synch with YDL's clock. Any thoughts
> how to keep the two
> clocks in sync?
>
> On the YDL side, I have shut off "pmud" using the
> chkconfig command, since
> my trackpad dies after waking up from a sleep. Likewise,
> on the Mac side, I
> have the Energy Saver control panel set to "Never" to
> disable the Mac's
> sleep function. I do, however, have the YDL screen saver
> running. And I do
> use "ntpd" to sync my YDL with several Level 2 network
> time servers.
>
> I'd appreciate any thoughts on how to keep my YDL and MOL
> clocks in time.
>
> Many thanks,
> Bob Beaton

=====