Re: Epson 740?

Subject: Re: Epson 740?
From: Quentin Mason (quentin-mason@cornell.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 20:48:10 MDT

> How can I print from my Epson 740 under mol?

Once you have got linux to print to it, then you can share the printer to
MacOS via appletalk or run an ethernet print queue for it. In all cases
you MUST have linux printing to it first. The MacOS inside MOL cannot see
the printer directly, you will need to print through appletalk served from
linux or "lpr" printer on ip.address.linux.side:9100 for the ethernet
solution.

For appletalk look at "papd" which is the printer sharing part.
For lpd try cups or lprng which both can run ethernet print queues for
simple or complex printing scenarios, and support literally thousands of
printers.

I do not have an Epson 740 so I cannot help with that per se, but AFAIK
Epson is fairly well supported under linux. Is the printer USB or serial?
Hopefully someone with that printer can help you out.

Good luck,

Q.