Serial port bridge

Quentin Mason mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:55:50 -0500 (EST)

> > 1) Part of the netatalk package is papd ~= printer appletalk protocol
> > daemon.  You can try configuring this to recieve jobs from MOL over
> > appletalk [look in the chooser in MOL], and send them to a linux print
> > queue.

You have to set control panel::appletalk to tcp/ip NOT serial port.  Then
if you are lucky you should see whatever files you are sharing with
netatalk available in the chooser::apple share.  Otherwise just type in
the IP address of the linux box.

For the printer I am not sure -- have a look in all the printer types you
have.  It will be a network printer...   I have not done this myself.

> What am I supposed to see in the chooser? I can only see the usual
> Apple-printers. I tried Apple-Share, but it crashed. And I tried some of
> these printers but it also crashed (I think, because they tried to use a
> serial port.).

Good Luck,

Q.