MOL future plans

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:39:36 +0200

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 10:48:26PM -0400, Bill Fink wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Samuel wrote:
>
> > I'm open for suggestions though. What is the most
> > pressing issue?
>
> Hi Samuel,
>
> Well since no one mentioned my most pressing MOL concern, it would be
> to make MOL SMP safe, so I could finally use the other processor on my
> dual 500 MHz G4.

Actually, what happens at the moment if you try to start the
rsync version of MOL on a SMP kernel? MOL is not completely SMP
safe yet, so it won't be stable (will probably panic the kernel
after some time), but I think it ought to be possible to at least
run 'startmol --test'. It would be nice to get this verified though.

/Samuel