mol-0.9.62 available for download

Keary Suska mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:56:31 -0600

on 4/15/02 6:35 PM, prescor@digirom.potsdam.edu purportedly said:

>> I don't know if this helps, but I discovered that if you turn off HD
>> spindown in Energy Saver, the bogus-clock-after-sleep problem does not
>> occur.
>
> Yeah!  I'll ditto that!  Idiscovered the same thing.  Just turn off
> Energy Saver completely.  "Sleep" is (IMHO) a crazy thing to do to a
> desktop computer anyway.  They should never have ported it over from
> the PowerBooks way back when.

Actually, I still have Energy Saver put my monitor to sleep, as I am more
concerned about monitor burnout than energy consumption, and I am too lazy
to turn my monitor on/off ;-). That's how I found out that it's only the HD
spindown (i.e. hard disk sleep) setting that causes the clock aberration.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.