still more problems compiling source

Stefan Jeglinski mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:26:21 -0400

I note the following:

tarball builds as advertised, 1:6 clock slowdown still present :-(

There are numerous errors generated while trying to follow BUILDING
instructions for the rsynced code.

./autogen.sh spits out many many warnings but appears to finish (?).

Then  ./configure fails because it can't find mol_config.h in the
sinclude directory. So I put a link in the include directory. Then it
fails again to find find mol_config.h, and so I put another link in
the top-level directory. Then the configure step finishes, AFAICT.

Then make fails because in mol_config.h there is an include for
config.h, which it can't find.

I then cloned the bk tree (thinking the rsync mirror, even though it
appears to be at .62 and should be a bk mirror, must be broke), but
nope, just like the rsync version, the same mol_config.h 'not found'
errors are present.

I ran out of time and gave up at this point. Sorry for the incomplete report.

Stefan Jeglinski