Linux newbies posting to the mol list

Ben Stanley mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 04 Aug 2002 20:22:06 +1000

Hi,

There have been a large number of linux newbies posting to the mol list
requesting help with installing and/or setting up linux on their
macintosh computers. These questions are off-topic on this list.

I have a theory about why this is happening. The web page at

http://lists.yellowdoglinux.com

lists Terra Soft Mailing lists, and Mac-on-Linux mailing lists. Most
newbies would probably look at the first one, and think that they would
be bothering Terrasoft, or have to pay for support, whereas this is
actually where they should go. However, the Mac-on-Linux mailing list,
which occurs directly below, seems to be just what they are after.

As the mol list is accessible from www.maconlinux.org, it might be
better if the link from lists.yellowdoglinux.com were removed, made more
difficult to find, or better explained, or said that it is not for help
with installing or setting up Linux!

I'd appreciate it if TerraSoft could change the page at
http://lists.yellowdoglinux.com as described above, so as to discourage
off-topic newbie posts.

Ben Stanley
mol list subscriber and self-appointed off-topic newbie replier.