startup disk doesn't work on this mac model

Allan Fields mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 10:09:43 -0400

On August 4, 2002 07:12 am, you wrote:

> everything works well up to the launching of macos 9.1 installer.
>
> i've boot nicely into the macos 9.1 installer, i get other hard disk able
> to read files and so one...
>
> BUT when lauching the macos installer i got an error -36 which is an I/O
> error one ???
>
> could i grab the "MacOS ROM" at this point without installing macos 9.1 on
> the spare partition ?

I'm not sure if this is a "good" thing to recommend -- but you could just use
the TomeViewer under your existing installation to extract the ROM file from
the installer CD's tome and add it to your existing System Folder.  I had
success with this approach from my install media.  You might want to make
sure the ROM file that you extract comes from the same version that you are
running.  I don't know if that is a requirement though.

-- Allan