PC? -molrc.osx?

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:27:02 +0200

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 03:45:49PM +0200, Mats Soderstrom wrote:
>  >> (now including OSX and PPC/Linux) atop of existing PPC hardware running
>  >> the Linux kernel.
>  >
>  >OSX ? with MOL cvs ??? this might be the thing to install OSX and
>  >Development OSX on separate places and run both of them ...
>
> What should a molrc.osx file look like?
>
> /Mats Soderstrom

Well, for the adventurous there is OSX support in the mol BK tree.
However, a few things besides mol must be compiled:

	bootx-mol	(in Linux)
	drivers-osx	(in OS X)
	mac-drivers	(in MacOS/CodeWarrior).

All the repositories above are available from http://mol.bkbits.net/.

Note that only the video NDRV is used from the mac-drivers repository.

At the moment, performance is not that great. I have identified
the cause of overhead though and know how to eliminate most of it.
Once I've done that, I'll make the OS X drivers available in
binary form (probably on Sunday).

The /etc/molrc.osx will should look something like

	include     ${etc}/molrc.video      # video
	include     ${etc}/molrc.input      # mouse & keyboard
	include     ${etc}/molrc.net        # networking

	ram_size:   256

	# The boot volume must be marked with -boot
	blkdev:     /dev/hde12 		-rw -boot

	# --config=1 gives singleuser mode, --config=2 gives verbose mode,
	ifeq ${config} 1 {
		macosx_kernel_args:     "-s"
	}
	ifeq ${config} 2 {
		macosx_kernel_args:     "-v"
	}

	# From mac-drivers
	osi_video_driver:       /BK/MacOS/mol-drivers-work/OF/osi_video.x

	# From bootx-mol
	bootx_image:            /BK/mol-work/src/booter/xbooter/bootx

	# From drivers-osx
	drivers:		/BK/osx-drivers-test/mods.mkext

There will probably be some changes though, so it might
be a good idea to examine the default molrc.osx file (once it
exists) since MOL no longer overwrites existing config files
during the 'make install' step.

Cheers,

/Samuel