net tapping or sheeping on disk-image-based Mol?

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:33:14 +0200

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 09:48:39AM -0400, Zachery Bir wrote:
> The user guide mentions that you may set up network with either a tap or
> a sheep, but that it may be necessary to reboot into "real" Mac OS to
> set the device properly in the TCP/IP control panel. I'm using the
> disk-image Mol that seanano described here:

The wording of the user guide is a bit misleading. If you
you reboot into the "real" MacOS, then you have to open the
TCP/IP panel in order to enable networking in MacOS (without MOL).

>   <URL:http://lists.linuxppc.org/mol-general/200008/msg00014.html>
>
> And, so, there's no way to reboot into "real" Mac OS.
>
> Is anyone successfully passing networking through to the
> disk-image-based Mol?

...thus booting from a disk-image-based mol is a non-issue
with respect to networking.

I can recommend using mol-0.9.64 though. If you run a not too
ancient 2.4 kernel, then networking will work more or less
out of the box.

Documentation about the 0.9.64 networking (also relevant
to earlier version of mol) is available in

	/usr/share/doc/mol-0.9.64/Networking

The www based userguide is not quite up to date, although
mostly correct.

/Samuel