molvconfig locks up console?

Robert M. Fuhrer mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:14:48 -0400

--=====================_283070263==_.ALT

I'm running on YDL 2.2 with mol-0.9.64-2, kernel 2.4.18-0.8a, on a 604e (PowerTower Pro), and an ATI Radeon 7000 card w/ 32MB.

I can run in an X window fine (i.e. if I disable console video in /etc/mol.rc/molrc.video), but I'd like to get the added performance of running directly on the console.

In the past, I've had no problems running molvconfig, but now, I get to the "misc.modes" prompt, answer "yes", and the console blanks, and never comes back. I can't switch VT's, and killing molvconfig doesn't help. I have to reboot to get my console back.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Dr. Robert M. Fuhrer
rfuhrer@ba-dsg.net

--=====================_283070263==_.ALT

2.4.18-0.8a, on a 604e (PowerTower Pro), and an ATI Radeon 7000 card w/
32MB.<br><br>
I can run in an X window fine (i.e. if I disable console video in
/etc/mol.rc/molrc.video), but I'd like to get the added performance of
running directly on the console.<br><br>
In the past, I've had no problems running molvconfig, but now, I get to
the &quot;misc.modes&quot; prompt, answer &quot;yes&quot;, and the
console blanks, and never comes back. I can't switch VT's, and killing
molvconfig doesn't help. I have to reboot to get my console
back.<br><br>
Sound familiar to anyone? <br><br>
Dr. Robert M. Fuhrer<br>
rfuhrer@ba-dsg.net<br>