LoM

Allan Fields mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:30:55 -0400

On August 20, 2002 09:38 am, you wrote:

> openBSD is also working on newworld mac may be a good competitor over macOS
> X if your emac is a G3 one, otherwise, if G4, why not macOS X ? with
> WFreeDarwin and fink ?

Hmm.. I had no trouble installing Darwin on my oldworld G3 clone using the
XPostFacto hack from OWC.  (Only problem I have is with needing to reboot
from install CD and choose the Mac OS partition if it gets stuck.)  Mac OS X
should also be supported on PCI Macs w/ G3 cards I would assume.

Don't forget NetBSD/ppc and the new FreeBSD/ppc port.  Which means there are
lots of PPC options on the BSD side.  With the growing number of ports (using
FreeBSD port system), Darwin is looking attractive even w/o the top half.
 But as far as I know none of these run MOL.

Allan