MOL Boot Problem

Arch & Cath mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:53:23 -0400

I am an old fart (72) who has used Macs for years but am new to Linux - so
please bear with me.  I have a Power Computing Power Tower with a Newer
Technology G3 card installed operating under MacOS 9.0.4.  I installed
Yellow Dog Linux 2.3 from CD-ROM on a separate 2GB SCSI drive.  It basically
works well and I have updated some of the packages via RPM.  I am using MOL
9.60.1.  I used TOME and copied the Mac OS ROM into the Mac System folder.
startmol --test says everything is cool.  When I do startmol I go to full
screen and get a smiling Mac so it has found a system but it stops at that
point.    I have reviewed the molrc and it seems to be setup OK.   MOL
appears to have set it to neworld and G3.   My problem is at that point, the
screen is frozen and I don't know how to troubleshoot it.

Any suggestions?

Arch