Partial success installing MOL on iBook2 dualUSB 14.1 700MHz

Jesus Climent mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:41:27 +0200

--dWYAkE0V1FpFQHQ3

Hi.

I have partially succeded installing MOL on my iBook2.

The characteristics are:

iBook2 14.1 dualUSB 700MHz
Debian Sarge (testing)
MOL 0.x.64, compiled from sources.

I compiled and installed the mol binaries+modules successfuly. I was
able to test the modes without amy glitch.

Starting the "startmol" will produce some errors about not been able to
use any default resolution mode, and falling back to 640x480x8,
rendering my installation in a colorless state.

After installing MOL in a loopback file (/opt/mol.file) with 1024MB, i
was able to start iTunes, IE, QuickTime player,...

But I can only set the resolution to 256 colors.

If I set higher resolution (1024x768) it shows an screen with high color
but is "moved" to the right and down, so the screen half-disappears.

The network interface works, configured as a virtual ip.

I dumped the MOL-audio extension in the right folder, but still I cannot
hear a sound.

Any tips/additions to my experience are more than welcome.

BTW, I keep an installation document for debian on a iBook2 at
http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/ibook/

--=20
Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19

Roz, you're looking fabulous today. Is that a new haircut?
		--Mike (Monsters, Inc.)

--dWYAkE0V1FpFQHQ3

--dWYAkE0V1FpFQHQ3--