Hard Disk Partitions

Bill Mueller mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:32:34 -0700

Hello all,

Heres whats going on.  I have a single disk with a dos partition table that
I am trying to create a partition setup that has a dos, linux ext, and hfs
filesystem.  The dos is needed on hda0, the linux is YDL 2.2, and I want to
copy Mac OS 9.2 to the hfs partition to boot MOL

I formated one partion with the HFS file system.  Then using the xhfs
utility, I copied over all the files and directories from a completly
installed Mac OS 9.2 hard disk partition to the new partition.  When I start
MOL, something is missing and it won't boot.

I'm guessing MOL doesn't need the first couple partitions normally found on
a bootable HFS volume. Are there hidden/system files that need to be copied
that xhfs might have missed?  Im just getting into dark underbelly of MAC,
so I could use some help.

Any ideas?

-Bill