kernel mismatch

Sebastien MENGIN - Editions Agone mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:50:05 +0100

At 12:25 -0500 6/12/02, David Paul BELANGER wrote:
>I am assuming you are using Debian.  I did it a few weeks ago, I hope I
>got it right.

Yes, I use Debian since last summer (it is a plenty of things to learn, but
it's good and motivating)

>You need the packages:
>- mol-modules-source
>- your kernel headers: kernel-headers-(your kernel version)

This is the critical point : my kernel version : 2.4.18-newpmac
I can not find any kernel-headers corresponding to this kernel version...

>instructions are in:
>- /usr/share/doc/mol-modules-source/README.Debian
>Do:
>1) Unpacking the source
>2) Then I would suggest that you compile with kernel-package instead of
>make.  (you need to install kernel-package).
>You install it and it should work.

I am sure it should work, I've just have to fix this question of
kernel-version / kernel-headers...
Moreover, it works all right on a powerbook I have here (but unfortunately
the one who installed it on is far away and can not help)

Well, thanks for the help anyway,
S=E9bastien