BootX and MOL

Ian Narcisi mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:45:41 -0600

--------------FEAC1F165306E0BB695515E9

Yes. Download the latest MOL (0.9.66) from
ftp://ftp.nada.kth.se/pub/home/f95-sry/Public/mac-on-linux/
With 0.9.66 you can boot from the Jaguar CD and install Jaguar on your
HFS+ partition. The cdrom blk is already set for you, no config work
necessary. I would set (in /etc/mol/molrc.osx), the blk dev/hda to point
to your OSX partition AFTER you install OSX from your bootable cd (i.e.
blk /dev/hda13). As far as 0.9.65 is concerned - it was not capable of
booting OSX cd's. And the reason it is not seeing your HFS+ in 0.9.65 is
because, in order for it to see it, you need to recompile the kmods from
the .src version of 0.9.65 and from there go to /usr/src/rpm/RPMS/ppc
and copy the new .rpm to wherever you originally installed the kmods (I
did it with mol itself as well). 0.9.66 is very, very nice!!! The
molrc.osx is so easy to manipulate. The command to use to boot OSX from
the cd (0.9.66) is in the /etc/mol/molrc.osx towards the bottom. I hope
this helps!!!

Ian

Jeff De Jong wrote:

> I have finally got MOL almost running on my maching (iBook 500).  The
> error that i get says that BootX on partition that OS X is not and ELF
> file/format.  I am running YDL and trying to boot Jaguar.  Can anyone
> help??

--------------FEAC1F165306E0BB695515E9

Yes. Download the latest MOL (0.9.66) from <A HREF="ftp://ftp.nada.kth.se/pub/home/f95-sry/Public/mac-on-linux/">ftp://ftp.nada.kth.se/pub/home/f95-sry/Public/mac-on-linux/</A>
HFS+ partition. The cdrom blk is already set for you, no config work necessary.
I would set (in /etc/mol/molrc.osx), the blk dev/hda to point to your OSX
partition AFTER you install OSX from your bootable cd (i.e. blk /dev/hda13).
As far as 0.9.65 is concerned - it was not capable of booting OSX cd's.
And the reason it is not seeing your HFS+ in 0.9.65 is because, in order
for it to see it, you need to recompile the kmods from the .src version
of 0.9.65 and from there go to /usr/src/rpm/RPMS/ppc and copy the new .rpm
to wherever you originally installed the kmods (I did it with mol itself
as well). 0.9.66 is very, very nice!!! The molrc.osx is so easy to manipulate.
The command to use to boot OSX from the cd (0.9.66) is in the /etc/mol/molrc.osx
towards the bottom. I hope this helps!!!
have finally got MOL almost running on my maching (iBook 500).&nbsp; The
error that i get says that BootX on partition that OS X is not and ELF
file/format.&nbsp; I am running YDL and trying to boot Jaguar.&nbsp; Can

--------------FEAC1F165306E0BB695515E9--