Re: session saving disabled

Subject: Re: session saving disabled
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 10:04:25 MST

on 2/5/02 3:11 AM, michael@metaparadigm.com purportedly said:

> The reason I suspect this is i've been testing with session saving
> re-enabled and my copy-on-write disk/session patches which effectively
> make the mol_session and disk devices read-only. After about 3 resumes,
> the Mac is hung - now this could only be becuase of state in the
> kernel module as the session file and disk are exactly the same at
> the start of each run.
>
> Is it a big/complex job to get it working again? Anything I could
> do to help out?

I thought I read something about session saving, and that you cannot restore
a session more than once without experiencing problems. As I understand, the
problem has to do with changes that can occur on Mac OS boot, and not
anything with the Linux side per se. I think there is something about this
on maconlinux.com, or some related FAQ. Have you tried re-saving the session
each time?

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.