What do all these error messages mean?

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
03 Jul 2002 10:49:41 +0000

Hi Stefan,

Did you compile the src rpm? I tried this too but the modules got built
without symbols (hence the "will taint the kernel" errors). You can find
out if this is the case by running the following command:

nm /usr/lib/mol/0.9.63/modules/2.4.19-4a/sheep_net.o

Of course, you may have to change the path to sheep_net, depending on
your mol and kernel versions.

I had to build the tar.gz archive to get the symbols included properly.

Make sure the old (without symbols) mol and sheep_net are unloaded
before you try to restart mol after that. I had to reboot since the
kernel wouldn't let me unload them.

John