PPC PCI cards on x86

Ben Stanley mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 06 Jul 2002 12:36:27 +1000

The Sonnet card to which you refer is, I believe, not a PCI card, but a
custom Apple direct CPU bus. This bus is different depending upon which
model the card is designed to upgrade... and definetly would not be able
to be plugged in to a PC.

If indeed there are PPC chips on a PCI card, then I would be interested
to see this done, and I would have reason to buy one.

Ben.