What do all these error messages mean?

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
10 Jul 2002 11:12:06 +0000

Hi Stefan,

It sure sounds like you're missing some sort of library necessary to
compile things. I found the following on Google (comp.os.linux.powerpc):

        >Wasem Peter wrote:
> /usr/include/g++-2/streambuf.h:36: libio.h: No such file or directory
        >
    >Do you have /usr/include/libio.h? It's in the glibc-devel package.
        >
        >--
        >Martin
>After installing the package glibc-devel the compiler was able to
>create executables.

Try:
rpm -q glibc-devel

If it's not installed, get it.

I you get something like glibc-devel-2.2.5-0.19b, then try looking at
your installed libraries with kpackage. Try to see if anything is
missing especially glibc-blah-blah.

I would certainly begin with the newest version of mol.

Hope that helps.
John