Kernel Panic on startup

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 22:51:37 +0200

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 02:06:54PM -0600, Wyatt Anderson wrote:
> When I start MOL the standard way (startmol as root), it loads everything
> just fine until it gets to "Mapping GC at 80800000" and then the system just
> plain stops. I'm assuming its a kernel panic, but it might be something
> else. It doesnąt respond to anything, even control-command-power, so the
> only way to get out of it is to power down the machine (PowerMac 4400) and
> start it again. I have it set up using newworld ROM, with 45MB of RAM
> allocated. I recompiled the kernel as well. Is there a fix to this problem?

Could you try disabling the sheep_net module in /etc/mol/molrc.net?

I experienced a this kernel panic today (for the first time) and I'm
currently trying to track it down. I can reproduce it fairly easily
by starting MOL from a nfs volume (generates a lot of network traffic).
If I disable the sheep_net module MOL boots without problem...

/Samuel