quick setup

Nathanael Hasbrouck mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:54:46 -0400

>since i actually saw things work once (without networking of course)
>i have to >think my setup on the mac side is okay.  i extracted a
>mac os rom file from the >os 9.2.2 updated.  this rom file is
>version 8.7 and is not listed on the >compatibility list on the mol
>website.  is it possible that there's something >in the rom file
>causing the crash?  i've still got the 9.2.1 installer.  i >might
>try it with that rom instead since it's actually listed on
>the >compatibility chart as working.

Wait a minute...this worked _with_ the rom file?  As of MOL 0.9.60, i
thought a rom file wasn't necessary.  You should be able to tell it
to use the newworld rom in molrc, and MOL will find and load the rom
file by itself.  Sorry i can't give you the actual line for your
molrc - my system is hosed at the moment. :^(  It should already be
in there, and say something about newworld, rom, or boot.

Hope this helps.

NRH
--

Buy a Mac and Use GNU/Linux; Annoy Bill Gates Twice!