'startmol' can't detect kernel modules

Dan Bethe mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 01:40:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.  I've never used MOL before.  Thanks to all who contribute in any
capacity.

I'm using kernel 2.4.18-rc4 on YDL 2.0 on a stock Powermac 8500 with a 180 MHz
604e.  The kernel is from kernel.org and is what was supposed to have been
released as 2.4.18 due to a kernel.org mixup.  Anyhow it's stock 2.4.18.  I
built the latest SRPMs of mol and mol-kmods.  I loaded the kernel modules via
'startmol --loadonly'.  They load perfectly fine, with no errors, as you can
see here:

[dtm@Datums dtm]$ /sbin/lsmod | grep mol
mol                    39136   0 (unused)
[dtm@Datums dtm]$ /sbin/lsmod | grep sheep
sheep_net               4976   0 (unused)

Then I run 'startmol --test' and it says this:

[dtm@Datums dtm]$ sudo startmol --test
Copyright (C) 1997-2002 Samuel Rydh <samuel@ibrium.se>
Version 0.9.63
Error: The MOL kernel module is not loaded
[dtm@Datums dtm]$

Any idea why the app can't detect its own kernel modules?  Please cc me on a
reply because I haven't yet subscribed to this list.  Thanks a lot!