old system software

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 8 May 2002 17:06:02 +0200

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 12:04:36PM +0200, Christian Huldt wrote:
> I really do not know what I'm talking about, but since mol doesn't
> talk directly to hardware AFAIK, would it be possible to extend
> support to older systems?
>
> I'd really love to run system 6 on a recent mac...

Not a chance. System 6 is 68k based. MOL only supports
PowerPC native systems (although calling MacOS "PowerPC native"
is to stretch the truth somewhat :-)).

I'm a bit uncertain exactly when PowerPC support was
introduced. I know that the first version with PCI support
was 7.5.2 though (and this version is compatible with MOL
provided a supported OldWorld ROM is used).

/Samuel