Oldworld, Newworld, Can someone tell me?

Charles Warwick mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 12 May 2002 20:47:28 +1000

> >>  > Am I using an oldworld or newworld configuration machine?
> >>  A 9600 is an old world machine!
> >
> >  But since you are using MOL, isn't it machine independant, and
> >  therefore boots OS9 with the newworld ROM?
>
> ok ;-))
> i'm running MoL (0.9.61-5) on a 7500 upgraded to g3/400
> (Met@box-card & Powerlogix-extension).
> it's an OldWorld-machine.
>
> the MacOS is 9.0.4, my System Folder contains Mac OS ROM 3.8.
> it's a NewWorld ROM.

so... to the original poster... the answer lies in the meaning of the
question!

I assumed ROM used to boot OS in MOL - hence newworld,
Robert assumed ROM used in machine - hence oldworld...

take your pick ;-)

Regards,

Charles Warwick