HFS+ volumes under Linux?

William K. Gibson mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 19 May 2002 10:26:30 -0400

on 5/15/02 10:59 AM, Alexander Schrieken at alx@spidernet.nl wrote:

> I'll check the packages -- and wait for the kernel
> module, as far as writing to HFS+ partitions is
> concerned.

You may be waiting for years. The promise of HFS+ writeable has already been
around for a few years with no delivery in sight.

If you need to write back an forth from your Linux partition to your MacOS
partition, you can mount your Linux directory with Appletalk from inside MOL
and use Appletalk to transfer files back and forth. Also you can set up an
FTP server on the Linux side and use an FTP client product on the MOL side.

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems
firstdesk@columbus.rr.com