TiBook shutoff during file transfer ( -Reply)

Tom Uhl mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 29 May 2002 10:14:03 -0500

Out of the office from Wednesday (5/29/02) through Monday (6/3/02).

Contact Tony Roberson if this is an emergency.

Thanks,

Tom

>>> mol-general 05/29/02 10:10 >>>

Out of the office from Wednesday (5/29/02) through Monday (6/3/02).

Contact Tony Roberson if this is an emergency.

Thanks,

Tom

>>> mol-general 05/29/02 10:08 >>>

Out of the office from Wednesday (5/29/02) through Monday (6/3/02).

Contact Tony Roberson if this is an emergency.

Thanks,

Tom

>>> mol-general 05/29/02 10:06 >>>

Out of the office from Wednesday (5/29/02) through Monday (6/3/02).

Contact Tony Roberson if this is an emergency.

Thanks,

Tom

>>> mol-general 05/29/02 10:03 >>>

Out of the office from Wednesday (5/29/02) through Monday (6/3/02).

Contact Tony Roberson if this is an emergency.

Thanks,

Tom

>>> mol-general 05/29/02 10:01 >>>

Out of the office from Wednesday (5/29/02) through Monday (6/3/02).

Contact Tony Roberson if this is an emergency.

Thanks,

Tom

>>> mol-general 05/29/02 09:57 >>>

Out of the office from Wednesday (5/29/02) through Monday (6/3/02).

Contact Tony Roberson if this is an emergency.

Thanks,

Tom

>>> mol-general 05/29/02 09:55 >>>

Here's a weird one.

When transferring very large files via appletalk from Linux to MOL, my Ti
Powerbook G4 shuts off. Notice I did not say shuts down, I said shuts off.
The machine literally powers down early on in the file transfer- as if the
power supply was suddenly cut.

Needless to say, I was flabberghasted at this behavior. Thinking originally
it was some electrical problem, I again tried to transfer a large file, and
again it shut off in exactly the same way. I can do it every time. Has
anyone else ever experienced this behavior? I'm stumped.

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems
firstdesk@columbus.rr.com