mol not starting

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 14:36:41 -0500

btw, i fixed my installation. yipee! i had to configure and set up a ROM
file to point to. once i did that, it worked perfectly. now all have
to do is set up the network, and i don't have a clue where to start.

i have a dsl (pppoe, ugh), on the mac side set up with enternet, the box
is hooked up by appletalk to another mac, quadra 800, both connected thru
ethernet to each other and the dsl modem thru a hub, and a x-over cable
from the hub to the modem. i would like to be able to connect to the net
on the mac side, and mount appletalk shares from the 'net, and the LAN.

is there a tutorial, howto, or faq i can read to set this up with mol?

and btw, even with an adb, the usb setting works for the mouse (as per
the molrc.input file). on my box, if it is set to adb, i have a "super-sticky"
mouse cursor. click, and the mouse stays clicked.

it's really nice to be able to run mol now. i'm very impressed by mol :).

cheers,
simon