Mac OS X Host?

Quentin Mason mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:29:00 -0500 (EST)

Alright, I'll bite.

> I know this is a mean questions to ask, but . . . Is there any effort to
> transform MacOnLinux to LinuxOnMac.

No. See debian/ppc linuxppc, yellowdog, suse/ppc or mandrake/ppc, not
forgetting some of the BSD's.  Your question does not address the
fundmental dichotomy -- does "Mac" refer to the hardware or does it
include the OS too ?

> If there is an effort to get MOL to run
> in Mac OS X, what is the current status? <-- Mean question

No effort, no status.

Why try to compete with Classic ?

People on this list use linux for a reason and my impression is that MOL
is largely used to run the occasional application for which there is no
linux-based alternative with similar functionality already available.  It
may be possible to run OSX on linux on older hardware where it will not
run natively but YMMV.

Q.