starting mol, get stuck at happy computer

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:07:17 +0100

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 05:57:13PM -0500, David Paul BELANGER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I start mol, it an image of a smiling computer appears and it
> blocks there.
>
> The output ends with:
>
> Mapping GC at 80800000
> of_canon: /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk@0 -- ''
> **** of_call_method: cmd 'get-key-map' ih: 00000001 (2/2) Args:
> *** nop_'interpret' [1,2]   401007B2
> ************ WARNING, phandle == 0 ***********
> of_open: node '/pci/pci-bridge/MacOnLinuxVideo:0' missing
> extra vclaim, virt: 009B1000, size 2F000
> **** of_call_method: cmd 'get-key-map' ih: 00000001 (2/2) Args:
> of_open: node '/pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk@0:5,\\:bear' missing
> **** of_call_method: cmd 'read' ih: 00106E58 (4/2) Args:  00000200
> 00116D28
> *** nop_'close' [1,0]   00106E58
> Replacing old translation (EA 80816000, old-phys 0081E000)
> Fixing timer calibration (00008131)
> <*> kOpenCommand
>

> I saw the same questions in the archive but it was unanswered...
>
> I have the 14" iBook G3 700MHz.
> I have Mac OS X 10.2 installed.

Your MacOS folder is probably not blessed. One simple way to bless
the System Folder is booting MacOS using the install CD and then
move the Finder file from the System Folder to the desktop and back
again (you can boot from the install CD in MOL...).

/Samuel