MOL, YDL 2.3 and Kernel 2.4.19

Jamie Maynard mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 22:53:19 +0200

Hi All

Well to to try to find a way around the problems people seem to be having
with getting a working kernel I managed to find my copy of Ben H's 2.4.19
(final) kernel which I have been using since it was released.  I have placed
it on my web site at:

http://www.webby.co.uk/linux/src-linux-2.4-benh.tar.bz2

I have two notes on this.  One its going to one the site for a max of two
weeks as its taking almost half of my available web space ;)  I don't know
if Ben H keeps an archive of Kernel Releases so I can't direct you to that.
If Someone else wants to host this I would be most grateful.

As for Arch and Cath's posting I agree with what Quentin Mason has said. MOL
is really a lot like Virtual PC only it doesn't emulate the hardware so
much.  Any Hardware specific drivers/extensions aren't going to work so some
of the functionality of what your used to with Mac OS are going to work.  As
for drives being mounted read only the best suggestion is to make sure that
they are not mounted in Linux as this will cause them to be set to read only
for MOL.

A note on ADB mice, they generally understand and output the PS/2 protocol
so any ADB mice should be set to PS/2 as ADB isn't really a protocol it's a
type of bus technology developed many years ago by Apple.

As always I hope this has been some help.

Jamie