debian user, /etc/mol question (have checked the list archives [some])

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:47:39 +0200

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 07:36:55PM -0400, K Clark wrote:

> ok, so i have been away from mol awhile. i came back and osx is supported.
> awesome. first problem i had was a mismatch with my kernel modules after
> apt-get upgrading.
>
> fixed that. the kernel module matches the mol binary.
>
> i had problems with startmol -- got an error about unable to open
> /etc/mol/session.map so it did a touch /etc/mol/session.map WAS this wrong?
> is there some config utility?

Hmm... /etc/mol/session.map is the master config file
which is supposed to includes the proper config file
(e.g. /etc/mol/molrc.macos) depending on how startmol
was invoked (e.g. startmol --osx, startmol --oldworld,
startmol --session=num, startmol --linux).

(The session.map file is useful for changing the default
boot mode btw.)

If MOL complained about not beeing able to open the
session.map file then it probably did not exist, right?
Take a look at /usr/share/doc/mol-0.9.65/config
(or wherever debian has the docs) which should contain
the default config files. Just copy them to /etc/mol/.

/Samuel