Problem with mol on 7024-E30

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:31:34 +0200 (MEST)

> I all , i've try to run mol on a ibm 7024-E30 , i need to run another
> session of linux inside the main for develop purpose , i use debian 3.0
> ppc , i've use original .deb package , recompiling modules for my kernel
> ( 2.4 ppc devel + 240_e30 patch ).
>
> i've got a kernel panik , here's logs , anyone have idea of the problem
> ?

> Version 0.9.61
Support for booting Linux was added in the 0.9.64 release. The support
is slightly broken in 0.9.65 (the linux block driver has not yet been
updated to the improved mol interface).

I would suggest you upgrade to 0.9.65.

As for the kernel panic... has this machine an OpenFirmware?
MOL does not really need the OF device tree but it is copied to
userland anyway (possibly a NULL-check is missing somewhere).
I'd be very interested to know if the kernel panic is still
present with the 0.9.65 version (0.9.61 is _quite_ old).

Cheers,

/Samuel