Problem with mol on 7024-E30 - solved!

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:20:02 +0200 (MEST)

> "Samuel Rydh" <samuel@ibrium.se> wrote on 15.10.2002 19:51:50:
>
> Yes the vnc and xvideo perform about the same, but vnc video is
> sometimes  a bit sluggish, fast mouse clicks get lost etc. I'm
> actually running now  with remote xvideo over a 10Mbit network...

I've spent quite some time optimizing remote X-video.

> MOL says:
> Timebase frequency: 16.61 MHz
>
> Btw, Linux says at boot:
> time_init: decrementer frequency = 16.618111 MHz
>
> so those two match, if that's relevant.

Yes, they should. And the frequency seems reasonable
(I have 16.64 MHz here).

> Fixing timer calibration (0000C113)
Again, this is a reasonable value.

A few things to try:

i) What happens if you insert a return at the top of
newworld_timer_hack() in src/booter/nwbooter/init.c?

ii) Multiply or divide mregs->gpr[3] by 2 at the end
of the function in i).

Cheers,

/Samuel

at the