networking on the mac side

marco mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:48:04 -0500

Le Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:58:36 +0100
 Samuel Rydh <samuel@ibrium.se> écrivait :

 > On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 09:09:15AM -0500, marco wrote:
 > > > >
 > > > Hmm... it appears you have 'netdev: eth0 -sheep' twice in
 > > > your molrc.net file. You don't want that (sheep_net might
 > > > malfunction, although this is apparantly not your problem).
 > >
 > > No there is only one. The only 2 lines uncommented are :
 > >                 netdev:         eth0 -sheep
 > >                 netdev:         tun0 -tun
 > > I looked in every molrc files in /etc/mol and it appears just one
 > > time.
 >
 > Are you *sure*. There could of course be a bug in the parsing of
 > the molrc files but I really doubt that. The default molrc.net file
 > configures networking through

 Yes I'm sure there isn't another -sheep around.
 I put the default molrc.net  file in the /etc/mol folder and :

   Ethernet Interface (port 1) 'sheep-<eth0>' @ FE:FD:DE:AD:BE:EF
 Ethernet Interface (port 2) 'tun-<tun0>' @ 00:00:0D:EA:DB:EE
 Ethernet Interface (port 3) 'sheep-<eth0>' @ FE:FD:DE:AD:BE:EF...

 Always three interfaces...
 And no internet.

 What about dhcp ?
 My dhcp server is providing a dynamic IP from 192.168.1.* but when mol
 isn't launched it can't start saing there is a problem.
 "no subnet declaration for tun0"

 > 	ifeq ${boot_type} newworld oldworld {
 > 		netdev: eth0 -sheep
 > 	}
 > 	netdev: tun${session} -tun

 Exactly what I put in.

 > > ok but with tun2 it wasn't conflicting... whatever...
 > > Now it seems like there is no masquerade. I can ping only the
 > > linux-side of the box. No more local network. No internet.
 >
 > Are you using the tunconfig script accompanying MOL? If you installed
 > MOL from the tar (or BK tree), make sure you copy the Doc/config/*
 > files to /etc/molrc since any old config files are preserved and not
 > automatically overwritten.

 Is it used by default ? then yes.

 I've installed by apt-get install mol
 "Mac-on-Linux 0.9.65 Copyright (C) 1997-2002 Samuel Rydh"

 PS: it is a real real good software ! It makes me capable of replacing
 macosX on my g3 233. Now I have a real gnu system and macos for
 professionnal stuffs (i'm graphic designer). I don't feel any
 performance loss. Thanks a lot

 --
 marco