iPod and MOL

Carlos Perelló Marín mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
01 Sep 2002 18:18:28 +0200

--=-qNemiTaXwLGeTWx6y5rt

>=20
> well this is essentially how you mount the ipod as a hard disk under
> mol. the ipod looks like a scsi disk to linux and then to MOL it just
> looks like another linux disk device.
>=20
> this is really a question for samuel. i think it would be a lot of
> work, mol first needs to emulate the firewire port, and then all of
> the firewire commands that macos generates then need to be passed to
> the linux firewire driver.

as a "hack" until the firewire support code, Why don't just use
something like we have for cdroms?
For example:

blkdev:        		/dev/sda      -firewire

This way we can give support to firewire disk drives devices as
removable

I know it's a ugly hack and I don't know if it could work. Is it a
stupid idea or could it work?

Cheers.

>=20
> i'm betting that eventually xtunes will be a viable solution.
>=20
> rob
>=20
>  >=20
>  > Would it be easy to fix MOL and include an iPod entry in the config fi=
le
>  > pointing to such disk device (the one mounted under linux) and trick
>  > MacOS to think is an iPod?
>  >=20
>  > That would make many people happy... ;)
>  >=20
>  > J
--=20
Carlos Perell=F3 Mar=EDn