OS/X support questions

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 13:47:07 +0200

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 12:32:01PM +0200, Ron Arts wrote:
> I know this is the first release that features OS X support,
> so I guess some functionality may be missing.
>
> I sound missing or do I need to do something special to enable it?

Sound is still missing. So far, I have been concentrating
on performance issues.

> Also I am running this notebook exclusively on wireless.
> I saw that the wireless adapter is greyed out in OS X,
> probably because linux is using it. Is there currently a way to
> use it anyway?

Yes, indirectly through Linux. By default, MOL is configured
to setup a virtual TCP/IP network between Linux and MacOS (the tun
kernel module is used for this).

Examine the mol logfile (/var/log/mol.5.log) to make sure
there is no problem setting up this network. Then select
eth1 and DHCP in the Networking panel of OS X (make sure
the DHCP server RPM is installed; autoconfiguration won't
work otherwise).

/Samuel