PRAM reset when running OS X from MOL

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 12:31:23 +0200

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 05:08:28PM +1000, Nicolas Hohn wrote:
> I have just compiled mol-0.9.65 and managed to run OS X 10.1 from within
> Linux. It is really nice and it works great !
>
> However, it seems that in the process of running it, the
> programmable RAM is reset to its default value and all
> my tri-booting (Linux, OS X, OS 9) system
> using yaboot is deleted.

Hmm. MOL does not know how to access the real PRAM. It is definitely
not altered as a result of running MOL.

It seems more likely that your boot partition got deblessed somehow.
MOL nowdays avoids exporting it unless the '-force' flag is used
(this is true for MOL/MacOS but MOL/MacOS X lacks this check).

Make sure you don't specify the partition for the boot loader in
the molrc.osx file.

Cheers,

/Samuel