MacOS error type 10?

jfron mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:35:12 -0400

All,

I'm having moderate luck trying to get MOL running.  I have a PowerBook G3
Wallstreet 233 with a fairly stock LinuxPPC 2000 installation.  The kernel
I'm running is 2.2.18, MacOS is version 9.0.4, on separate partitions of
the same internal drive.  I've tried versions of MOL from 0.9.54 through
0.9.60 with the same results.  (All later versions fail to compile with
some error about __external__.  For some reason I'm thinking my kernel
and/or glibc are too old for the more recent stuff?)  I'm using newworld
boot, and a boot rom from the 9.1 update disc.

The MacOS window comes up (always 640x480, no matter the 'resolution:'
setting in molrc), extensions appear to load fine, but at the point where
the startup splash screen disappears to dump you into the Finder, I get the
error:

	Sorry, a system error occurred.
	error type 10
	To temporarily turn off extensions, restart and
	hold down the shift key.

If I restart with the shift key depressed, the extension loading is
skipped, but I get the same error message just before the Finder comes up.

I've tried booting the partition both -ro and -rw, booting from a 9.0
CD-ROM.  No difference, always the same error.

MacOS boots fine when I shut down linux and reboot into the OS natively.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim