booting OSX problems...

Rob Pfile mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:00:46 -0700

i had this problem ("ABlk engine error") when i was trying to boot
10.1.3 under MOL. thinking that i really wanted jaguar anyway, i
booted into 10.1.3 and upgraded. 10.2 worked under MOL so i assumed it
was a 10.1.3 problem.

but later as i was messing around some more, it happened to me
again. somehow i got out of it without realizing what happened.

in retrospect, i *think* that this might have been caused by the
startup disk being set to OS9 in macos. it turns out that if you have
the startup disk set to OSX, you can boot OSX with 'startmol --osx' and
os9 with just plain 'startmol', so there is no need to switch it back
and forth from macos anymore (it used to be if macos was set to boot
osX, startmol would just hang, so you had to switch it back and forth
if you were rebooting the machine into osX.). but apparently if the
startup disk is set to os9 under macos, 'startmol --osX' now hangs?

rob