copy & paste

Isaac mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:31:15 -0500

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 07:10 am, Joe Villari wrote:
> A simple solution would be not to use MOL. Just open the text file in
> Linux using VI or any editor and copy and past as normal.
>
> Joe

That would of course work for text files, but I'm looking at running a
MacOS-only application in MOL during a transition to something OSS/FS, and
our people frequently need to copy & paste from this Mac-only application we
currently depend on, to, for example, email. So that would mean doing a bit
too much work every time (export, then open the exported data as text, then
copy/paste). People would resent the extra work, even if it is only a
temporary hassle (and maybe blame Linux for the trouble, which would be
bad!).

I'm evaluating whether everyone here can switch to a Linux desktop NOW during
a transitional phase (away from the one Mac-only app, because a lot of people
here are not happy with OS9's instability), or if we would have to wait until
the conversion (a *long* process) is done before switching OS's.