0.9.69 is sooo sloooooooow

Jason Simpson mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:06:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Samuel Rydh wrote:

> Benh's kernel tree exports the hash_table_lock. Ideally, all
> other trees should export it too...

It was pretty easy to apply the patch. Just a handful of lines changed in
just one file. I wonder why this wasn't incorporated earlier.

> > At idle, MoL is taking 95% of one CPU.
> >
> It sounds like you are running a slightly old pre-release version
> of 0.9.69. A bug in the framebuffer tracking code causes this
> slowdown (not only on SMP systems btw). The bug primarily affects
> MOL in an X-window. The latest BK/rsync version of MOL does not
> have this problem.

Ah, yes. That's quite likely. I noticed some really slow drawing.

Thanks for the clarification. Now I either need to compile from source or
hope somebody checks in an update for Debian/unstable soon. :)

	-jrs