Sheep netdriver and OSX

Brian Ruth mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:37:16 +0100

In message <20030801154946.GA4235@ibrium.se> you wrote:

> What does your log say?

Nothing out of the ordinary to start with. There is a mention of:

<*> MolEnet: Link up at 100Mbps - Full Duplex

and an awful lot of:

Uninitialized osip vector 70

(the 70 is variable - also 71 and 72).

> > I'd previously been using the tun driver - do I need to unconfigure the
> > network first?
>
> Yes. At the moment, only a single network device is supported
> in OSX. You should comment out everything (in /etc/mol/molrc.net)
> and just leave
>
> 	netdev: eth0 -sheep

I have only that in there. It appears as en2 in OSX - 'Built in ethernet'
and 'en1' are greyed out and can't be changed. It looks okay if I do an
'ifconfig en2' from the command line in OSX, but won't ping anything, and
I just get the drivers volume appearing at each boot...

Brian.