MOL + MAC_OS_X + Virtual PC

Boehn, Gunnar von mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:09:57 +0100

Hello,

>> No, MOL will not work with the newer versions of Virtual PC.  VPC works
>> by setting the processor into little endian mode for some things which I
>> don't think you can do from userspace in Linux.
>> 	G++
>
>Ahh... that is a nice piece of information! It is actually not
>difficult to make MOL support running in little-endian mode. MOL is
>not quite an ordinary userspace process...

It will be great if you could do this. (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!)

As a quick fix I tried to contact Connectix to get an old version of Virtual
PC.
But Connectix is dead - website down - company gone.

I asked Microsoft - they verified that Connectix is out of business -
Unfortunatly Microsoft doesn't offer older Virtual PC version.
Seems I'm stuck with a two weeks old VPC 6.1 which will
work on my Pegasos. :-(

Anymore interested in getting Virtual PC 6.1 for lets say halve price ?

Samual, I very much hope that you can fix the endian thing soon.
Would it help you testing if I send you my VPC ?

Kind regards
Gunnar